Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sick!

Well we were on a nice little streak of Dom not being sick until FRIDAY! I thought with winter over and the nice warm weather here that we would have a healthy little baby on our hands. WRONG!!! I have never wanted to be a SAHM (stay at home mom) so bad until Friday and this past weekend. Thursday when I dropped Dom off at daycare there were 2 out of the 4 kids there with really snotty noses and sure enough Thursday night I got no sleep because my kid was up ALL night coughing. I called the pediatrician first thing in the morning to see what I could do for Dom since whenever he has gotten a cold or a cough in the past it turns into really bad bronchitis. They told me there is really nothing I can do for him except to start him on the Albuterol treatments and if he gets a fever then to bring him in. I pretty much sat at work all day worried about poor Dom knowing this isn't going to turn out well and sure enough the weekend was HELL! He has been sleeping through the night since about 7 weeks and well he has not slept through the night since Thursday and this is killing me. It's killing me because 1) I hate that he is so sick that he wakes up coughing so hard that he starts screaming bloody murder and 2) because I really liked being able to sleep. I wish there was something we could do to help him feel better. I stayed home with him yesterday which really made me want to stay home forever even more. He was such a little cuddle bug yesterday and I LOVED IT.

1 comment:

  1. Cuddle bug?!?! That's so cute, I love it! If I won the lottery, I would pay you to be a SAHM!!

    ReplyDelete