Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another Cold :(


 So Dominick has another cold.  His daycare was closed on Friday and Monday because it was her 50th Birthday and her sons took her on a cruise (must be nice hint hint Dominick).  I was so excited to have a 4 day weekend with my prince and I got up early Friday morning got my self ready and when Dominick woke up.... He was running a fever :(  Poor little guy has never had a fever.  I called the pediatrician and they had me bring him in.  We saw a substitute doctor which I LOVED!  She said Dominick had a right ear infection, possible left ear infection and had some rattling in his chest.  She wanted him to have a nebulizer treatment while we were there so she could hear how well he would or wouldn't respond to it.  The nurses got us set up (this was his first time ever doing this) and showed me how I can try to hold him since I only have 2 arms and he would use his 2 arms, 2 legs and body to try and fight me.  He cried for maybe 30 seconds and passed out (see photo 1 above).  I was so relieved with how well he did and the doctor said he sounded much better and gave us a prescription for the Albuterol through the nebulizer and sent us on our way.  The rest of that day he just wasn't my happy little baby and it broke my heart so see him so sick.  The rest of the weekend we laid low key and Monday morning came around and he sounded horrible.  I started the Albuterol treatment which did not go as easy as the first time unfortunately.  He screamed and kicked and tried to wiggle his way out of my arms the entire 10 minutes.  It SUCKED!!!!  I had to return to work yesterday but Dominick was still running a low grade fever and had a horrible cough so Daddy stayed home and took care of him.  Today Dominick sounds and seems much better.  Thank goodness because it was a big day for him today.  Mommy is so happy he feels better and has his helmet off.  Hopefully he stays feeling good and is in a good mood for my Birthday tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Poor Dominick! I am a respiratory therapist and give breathing treatments all the time. I don't work with children, just adults, so I can't offer many suggestions for how to get him to be comfortable during treatments. I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete